List:       koffice
Subject:    KWord Word2000 filter status
From:       martin <chimbis () bahnhof ! se>
Date:       2000-09-23 4:31:08

I'm running KDE 1.94, wondering about the status of KWord MS Word import
filters. Word 2000 is _supposed_ to be compatible with Word97 (and it is
under Windows) but KWord still has problems opening documents exclusively
formated in tables. (A manuscript I am working on at work). This is what is
produced:

This filter is currently unable to position tables correctly. All the tables
are at the end of this document. Other tables can be found by looking for
strings like"Table 1 goes here"Table 1 goes here.

Table 2 goes here.

Multimediamanus	ECDL Word 2000	  DATE \@ "yy-MM-dd"  00-07-15
	Syllabus 3.0

 PAGE