List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: PageUp - PageDown behav in kword (was: kword gui...)
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-09-19 15:47:13

> Also, as long as page up and down is scrolling within frames, it should
> follow the flow even when not holding down shift to also select text.
> This will mean on a two column page it will go to the bottom of the
> first column and then switch to the top of the second and down the
> second, then switch to the first column on the next page, et. But, for
> example, on a page template with one large frame and a smaller nested
> frame, it will not go into the nested one but keep moving up or down
> within the main outer frame in the set (unless you explicitly click into
> the inner frame).

Agreed.

> Right now it doesn't always follow flow, and tends to keep moving up or
> down the view quickly. The flow conformancy can be added later (same
> code used for selecting, but without marking and actually selecting.)
> This is not quite as fast for navigating but going with the flow is the
> correct way, I feel.

Agreed.

> I will try to get all this done by the end of the week using cvs diffs
> which look a lot better than my home made ones did. I notice that none
> of the stuff on cvs has tabs. So I replaced my tabs with spaces also.
> Why no tabs? Probably tabs cause problems with the diff generation.
> Just curious.

Its because most of us use the following settings in our ~/.vimrc
set expandtab
set tabstop=8
set softtabstop=4
set shiftwidth=4

Just a personal preference. It would not pose a problem with cvs if you
use tabs in your code, just don't replace existing code with it. The major
reason why I used it is that tabs are 8 spaces and I indent my conde with 4.
Also using the excelent feature in vi to move text left or right (press '<' for
example) converts all the tabs on these lines to spaces.

> You have no idea how thankful I am for your risktaking in committing
> these changes. It will at least give people a chance to experiment with
> scrolling and come up with more refinements.

Truthfully, I am glad you took the time to hack kword! Every hand is usefull!