List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: RFC: Koffice web pages
From:       Gerrit Lahrmann <gerrila () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-09-06 12:14:21

Thomas wrote:

> RFC: Koffice web pages.
>
>[...]
>
> Structure:
>
> Main page, really slick.
> +- Info about the different software packages.
>     A page/frame or layer per package which displays a short story on the purpose of the package and
>     a set of capabilities.
> +- Download
>   +- Links to mirrors/RPMs/install docs etc.
>   +- Updates of filters
> +- User documentation
>   +- Online manuals (same as in koffice itself)
>   +- FAQs
>   +- User tutorials etc.
> +- Developers documentation
>   +- Who made the stuff, how can you contact us
>   +- Documentation on porting TO koffice
>   +- Documentation of koffice formats for porting to other applications
>   +- Other relevant docs
> +- News page with CVS updates page.

I like this, but i think we should put some news (headlines?) onto the
main page.

> Technical:
> Do it in seperate dirs so you can bookmark it. (That means no frames..)
>
> parts/koshell.html
> parts/kword.html
> parts/kpresenter.html
> parts/kchart.html
> parts/killustrator.html
>
> download/index.html
> download/updates.html
>
> documentation/user/index.html
> documentation/user/ etc...
> documentation/developer/index.html
> documentation/developer/ etc..
>
> news/index.html

We should put the parts into different dirs (i.e. parts/kword/...). And
all files should have the php3 extension (index.php3).

>[...]
>
> But first, let hear you guys. Flames, applause ?

The later!
So we will proceed like this (?):
1. Artists draw koffice logo.
2. Initial design by thekompany's webmaster
3. we do the rest...

Gerrit