List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Floating frames
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-09-01 8:27:50

It's more a hack. But not less nice than char.cc, which IMOHO is a mess.

In char.cc strings are used (KWString) and they consist of char *pointers,
like in c. Problem is; there is no closing 0, and char pointers are passed
between calls like crazy. In my opionion these char pointers should
be KWstrings in them selves.

Any call like insert, append and splitparag returns a string in the form
of a char pointer.
In the patch I simply free that memory, deleting the elements like characters
and anchers.

Hope this helps..

> Thomas Zander wrote:
> >
> > I believe I finally got them working the way they should!
> >
> > Here is the patch.
> > I am only looking for the magic function call which will update the
> > display for me.. But not today.
>
> I'm too clueless about the KWord formtatting stuff that I
> can approve this, but forceFullUpdate() should recalculate
> everything, shouldn't it?

Thanx, Ill try.