I suggest to do it the other way around. Let's keep this list for users, and add a new koffice-devel list for development related issues only. Cheers, Waldo On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Jost Schenck wrote: > Right now there is no koffice-users list. I think it would be good to set > one up, as otherwise koffice@kde.org will be flooded by user requests once > KOffice has been released (right now, non-subscribers can post). > I'd be willing to subscribe. (in january, after my written exams). > The addresses should be included in the KOffice about boxes and on the > KOffice homepage before release. > -Jost. > > On Don, 31 Aug 2000, theboss@intranet-works.com wrote: > > This list appears to be primarily for developers. Can someone direct me > > to a list or newsgroup for "ordinary" people who want to try KOffice? > > > > I am trying to install KDE2/KOffice on Mandrake 7.0 & also want to > > install on Corel 2 (after I can update my Corel 1.1 install) but on the > > Mandrake install I am getting dependencies issues that I can't resolve. > > Have gone through all the FAQs & tried to follow the prescribed order of > > install etc. Have tried several different download locations & release > > dates, have tried RPMs because one FAQ said to use only the RPMs if > > installing on Mandrake, etc. So I guess I'm still at the point where a > > little hand-holding & clear instructions would help. > > > > I'm not posting more details here (such as the order tried, the > > dependencies msgs) because I don't want to waste developers' time on a > > "user" issue. But I'm hoping someone will be inclined to point me to > > resources for those not so intimately engaged in development, people who > > are interested in using Linux apps but are not coders. > > > > BTW, I'm really not a total dummy, I'm asking this publicly because I've > > already searched all the obvious links & sites that held out any hope & > > I've tried following whatever directions were available. > > > > Thanks much. > > > > -- DE -- KDE/Linux, made for people, made by people.