List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kword defaults
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-08-31 11:57:21

Lasse Jansson wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, dep wrote:
> > hey, guys --
> >
> > the new u.s. letter template is nifty, but it ain't enough.
> >
> > there needs to be a way for users to establish some default
> > configurations -- for measurements, for page size, even for
> > typefaces. this is standard for everything else and, believe me, itis
> > where kword will get hammered bigtime in press coverage when it's
> > released.
> >
> > the choices are for kword to remember previous settings or else to
> > offer a configuration dialog that has more than what toolbars are
> > displayed.
> >
> > trust me -- koffice will get utterly trashed if this isn't available
> > upon release.
> > --
> > dep
> > --
>
> One possible workaround for now is simply to open up a new document, make all
> the configurations you want to have as default and save it as MyTemplate.kwd or
> whatever. Then each time you want to create a new document, you just open
> MyTemplate.kwd and do a Save As as the first step.

Just for the records: You can create templates yourself from
within KWord and KPresenter.

In KWord it's Extra -> Create Template Document...

Unfortunately KWord doesn't create a nice default pixmap
(none at all ;), so simply select a small pixmap and add
it to a group. You can also remove templates, create and
remove groups and so on.

If you do it that way you don't even have to press save as
on startup and can create your customized templates and
groups.

Whenever you think you created a very nice template (esp.
for KPresenter) please put it on your web space (or load
it up to

ftp://upload.kde.org/pub/kde/Incoming/

and post a mail here. Thank you.

--