List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: patch: KIllustrator hack
From:       Simon Hausmann <sh () caldera ! de>
Date:       2000-08-29 12:17:49

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 11:37:14AM +0200, Werner Trobin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> As the "nodes" toolbar should not be visible all
> the time (only when the Edit Point Tool is selected
> I decided to hack around a little bit...
>
> I know that this patch is flaky and that the state
> of the Show Blah menuitem doesn't get updated, but
> the real problem is that I didn't find a "clean"
> way to do that.

The patch (showNodesToolBar implementation) looks good to me (you could probably also \
use the KMainWindow::toolBar( text ) method. But I'm not sure you need the initGUI() \
stuff.

Is it intended that initGUI() is only executed one single time, and then only when \
having the KIllustrator shell? (i.e. not after activating an embedded document and \
then switching back)

Otherwise I'd say the better way is to reimplement KoView::guiActivateEvent() . It \
will be called automatically when then KIllustrator GUI gets.. activated :) .

But that's probably just a detail :)

Bye,
 Simon