List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: latest modifs to koffice
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-08-26 16:30:46

Cristian Tibirna wrote:

> Hello Werner
>
> You were asking me on IRC if I would test latest changes to koffice (I
> believe the ones related to STL/QTL changes)
>
> Well, your IRC communication broke before my koffice finished compiling....

Yep - sorry. I was away (had to set up a NT box *shrug*).

> When all was done (no compiling errors), I installed and tested some of my
> kpr files are requested.
>
> Notice, please, that I only have older (3 months to 1 year old) kpr files,
> hence, created before the great format change for which David provided that
> conversion script.

Okay. Can you please send them?

> Anyway, I remember to have tested the conversion immediatly after the format
> change and all went well.
>
> Right now, this is no more the case. All text looses alignment formatting
> (all text is aligned left) and 90% of images aren't loaded anymore (see my
> mim and altlin presentations on KDE's slideshows page for an example of
> largely using small pixmaps in presentations).

I'll have a look.

> I don't know if these problems were introduced with the latest changes (sorry
> about my poor koffice testing of the last 2-3 months...) but if backward
> fileformat compatibility is an issue, then kpresenter is utterly broken...

I'm really sorry, but if you knew the old fromat you'd be happy
that Reggie changed it ;)

Please send the files and I'll have a look what I can do for you
(and all the other poor KDE-Core people ;)

Thank you in advance.

--
Werner Trobin - wtrobin@mandrakesoft.com