List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KASH
From:       Joe Ninety <joe90 () home ! com>
Date:       2000-08-24 14:17:45

> > > Has the KASH application been abandoned?
> > Was there such a project?
> >
> > Two things:
> >
> > I don't think there's time to "start one up", and
> > secondly, my first instinct would be to investigate
> > porting GnuCash to KDE. Why reinvent the wheel?

I haven't announced this yet, since I wanted to wait
until it did something useful first (I still need to write
some of the Controller code so you can actually
import transactions and then save your work),
but I started a KDE application for personal financial
management a while ago.

I looked at GnuCash, and chose to reinvent the wheel
because I wanted something that was built from the
ground up around OFX (Open Financial Exchange).
Has OFX penetrated Europe much??  I'm from Canada,
and most of our banks support it at one level or another.

Anyway, you can look at what's there at:

    kportfolio.sourceforge.net

The interface is shaping up pretty nicely (imho), very much
like Quicken '99.  The web page isn't complete, and might
not be coherent in all places.  Check 'Developer Docs'
for some screenshots and a rambling description of the
architecture.

The code was last compiled on a 'recent' kde CVS build
(something like a week or two ago).

Let me know what you think...

joe90