List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice Menus
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-07-25 17:35:52

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Chris Aakre wrote :
>On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, David Faure wrote:
>> Which application are you talking about ?
>> I guess it's KPresenter ? or KWord ?
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 10:15:10PM -0700, Chris Aakre wrote:
>> > Excuse me if I'm mistaken, but shouldn't almost all the stuff under the
>> > "Extra" menu be under "Tools"? Spellchecking, autocorrection, and
>> > stylists are definetly tools...
>> >
>> > --
>> > Chris Aakre
>
>KWord. (sorry for taking so long to respond)

Reggie names a Tool something that requires drawing a rectangle with the
mouse before it can be inserted (in addition to text editing and frame
editing, the first two items under Tools).
Yes, this is quite strange for the user. :-)

What about moving those insertions to Insert and moving what's under Extra
under Tools as you suggest ?

This has been talked about a long time ago, but there was never a real
discussion and even less an agreement.

Reggie, do you want to maintain KWord's menus as they are, or do you trust
me / kde-look / anyone else for making those menus more intuitive for the
user ? :-)
Thanks !

http://home.clara.net/faure/, http://www.konqueror.org/