All (?) KOffice applications have a DTD that describes the file format. See koffice//dtd/. IIRC it's even available on the web site. The probably need to be updated, though (e.g. for KPresenter' new Text Object) I agree that writing XML<->XML filters depends on the structure of both files - but it's definitely fun to play with QDomDocument to move stuff around in the doc then writing it out. I wonder if the file formats are close enough to write a filter like that, or if full step-by-step parsing is needed... On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 03:18:11PM +0200, Leon Widdershoven wrote: > What I was wondering about, is the koffice file format > (kword, kspell, k...) documented? Of course, it's in > the source which is free (:) but it should not be hard > do design a convertor when the format is thoroughly > documented. > > I do, btw, NOT propose that the authors of those packages > start writing docs right away! But if it's not done it > would be a nice project to do... > > The reason I ask is that I could not find it right away > in the developers center or on the koffice home page. > > At the moment, I don't have time to do it (and more > importantly, don't have the HD space to install > koffice src). But in the near future I would be willing > to describe the file format the way the ms word format > is described on the ms-word filter pages (I think). > > Regards, > Leon > > (PS: I have the feeling that, just because it's XML, > conversion is peanuts. Thats about the same as saying > it's both binary, so it can't be hard. It's the structure > of the files that should be compared - IMHO) > -- David FAURE david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://home.clara.net/faure/, http://www.konqueror.org/ KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today