List:       koffice
Subject:    KOffice and StarOffice
From:       Evan Leibovitch <evan () starnix ! com>
Date:       2000-07-21 14:21:17

Hi there.

I write a column for ZDNet on Linux issues, and this week I'm writing
about the GPLing of StarOffice.

I would like to find out, from any of the KOffice team, what effect this
announcement (if any) has on KOffice. Are there any components of
StarOffice that you would like to intergate into KOffice in the short
term?

Furthermore, does Sun's intention to build StarOffice components using
Bonobo rather than KParts affect its usability within KOffice? Does it at
all effect the balance between KDE and GNOME?

Thanks!
Evan Leibovitch