List:       koffice
Subject:    [Fwd: KDE 1.92 release, FEATURE FREEZE]
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-07-20 19:09:57

Werner Trobin - wtrobin@mandrakesoft.com

Date:   Thu, 20 Jul 2000 18:20:41 +0200 (CEST)
From: Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel <mhk@caldera.de>
To: coolo@kde.org, david@mandrakesoft.com, kde-artists@kde.org,
        kde-core-devel@kde.org, kde-devel@kde.org, kde-i18n-doc@kde.org,
        kde-pr@kde.org, konold@kde.org, mhk@caldera.de
Subject: KDE 1.92 release, FEATURE FREEZE
Sender: kde-devel-admin@max.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de

Hi,

I just wanted to keep everyone posted: The CVS has been tagged
for the 1.92 release. Please note that we now have a

COMPLETE FEATURE FREEZE

in effect! This means that the API, messages and feature set
will not be changed until KDE 2.0 is released. The only
changes to the CVS that are now allowed are:

a) bug fixes, preferrably with reference to the bug #
b) updates to the translations
c) updates to the documentation

Everything else can only be done when a general consensus has
been reached on the kde-devel mailinglist!

Please note that some packages have been removed from 1.92,
although they are still in the CVS. These applications will
not be part of the 2.0 release:

kdemultimedia:	- kautorun

kdegraphics:	- kfax
		- kcoloredit
		- kpaint
		- kiconedit
		- katalog

kdebase:	- kikbd

kdenetwork:	- kfinger
		- kbiff

koffice:	- kimageshop
		- graphite
		- kformula

These reasons range from 'obsolote' over 'broken' to 'not yet
finished'. I did not have feedback for the kdeutils, kdepim
and kdeadmin modules, so some more applications might be
removed before 2.0.

This is necessary so that the translator and doc writers don't
spend their valuable time on these applications.

Thanks for all the hard work that went into the CVS in the
last weeks!

Bye,
Matthias.