List:       koffice
Subject:    Compile/configure problem
From:       VINSON WAYNE HOWARD <Wayne.Vinson () Colorado ! EDU>
Date:       2000-07-17 16:59:37

I'm having an unusual compile problem with snaps from a few days ago:

I built qt,kdelibs2,kdebase2,qt-support2, etc. folowing the directions
from 1.92 release.  All was good untill I got to koffice.  I can configure
fine, but make gives the folowing error:

/usr/i586-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lkdecore

while building koffice/lib/koml

This is odd, because my normal ld is /usr/bin/ld.
Checked config.cache, and sure enough, it though that other thing was my
ld.  Changed the cache to point to my normal ld, and reconfigured, and
configure recognised /usr/bin/ld.  However, when I did a make, I got the
same error as above, ie. it didn't really believe my ld change.

Yes, libkdecore.so is in /usr/X11R6/lib.

Any clues on hopw to get this built, and why configure is targeting the
ancient ld?

Thanks