List:       koffice
Subject:    KOMLParser::readText converts text to Latin1...and discards non-Latin1 data!
From:       "Shaheed Haque" <shaheedhaque () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-07-15 20:41:10

Hi david,

I think I have a clue. In KOMLParser::readText(), the incoming text is
converted to Latin1:

bool KOMLParser::readText( string& text )
{
    QDomText t = m_node.toText();
    if ( t.isNull() )
        return FALSE;

    text = t.data().latin1();
    return TRUE;
}

Note that "t.data()" does have all the non-latin1 data, but the call to
latin1() looses it. I tried setting "text = t.data();", but that did not
make any difference...is it possible that "string" cannot hold non-latin1
data?

Thanks, Shaheed