List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: new application idea
From:       Shawn Gordon <shawn () thekompany ! com>
Date:       2000-07-13 4:04:41

Hi Dave,

Funny you should mention it.  I've had my eye on Queesio for a while now
and wanted to talk to you about working on it and putting it into KOffice,
but I was a bit short on resources at the moment.  Hopefully the resource
issue will change soon, but we would love to work with you on the project
(just can't get enough of that KOffice :) ).

Let's talk about it some more and see what we can come up with.

Shawn
Hello,

I have recently received a few emails from people concerning a program
I have been working on for a while now.  One of which was an email
suggesting I team up my efforts with some others, possibly the KOffice
team, in creating a better application.

I've been working on a Visio clone for over a year now, but it has
recently been sitting on my harddrive, going nowhere.

My question to you guys is, is there a need for a KDE/KOffice
flowcharting program similar to Visio (windows)?  Is there anyone who is
willing to form a team with me to implement such a program for KDE?

Right now, Queesio does not use any KDE libraries, but I have no qualms
over such a move?  Currently there is a nasty bug in Queesio which
causes the program to crash if you open 2 specific documents up
sequentially -- so I would like to discontinue my source tree and start
from scratch, but borrow ideas and source from the existing queesio
source code (and I'd *really* like to preserve the
interface/looks/functionality).

The URL for Queesio is:
http://queesio.sourceforge.net

Please let me know if anyone is interested in such a project.

Regards,

Shawn Gordon
President
theKompany.com