List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Help! Problems with multi-lingual setup
From:       "Shaheed Haque" <shaheedhaque () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-07-12 21:09:15

Thanks (to Erol) for the example Turkish .kwd doc and the hints.
Unfortunately, I still cannot get kword to display Turkish correctly in
KWord. Note that setting LANG="tr" does cause all the non-Koffice menu
labels to change, but makes no difference to KWord.

Now for my real question - given that KDE/KOffice are Unicode-based, why
should I have to do *anything* to *display* Turkish letters other than
installing the right fonts? I could accept that editing or creation might
require special input facilities, but...

So, either I am doing something stupid in my build, or there is a basic flaw
in our display support. Comments/suggestions anyone?

Thanks, Shaheed