List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Autocorrection in KWord
From:       Troy Unrau <jhtd () mts ! net>
Date:       2000-07-12 7:41:29

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Thomas wrote:
> At the moment there are a couple of entries in the kword_doc.cc file (line
> 1272) You might consider making a nice file with mappings which is read
> at execution time, also consider what to do with different languages.

At risk of sounding naive, stupid or generally ill informed, but how exactly
would I do this?

I can understand the current code (pretty straight forward) but in all of my
rather pitiful attempts at dabbling in C++ and Qt, I've never yet had to read
or write something to file, nevermind some sort of database like entity.

I know what is required is quite simple:  A file that is in plain text or XML
that has two entries per line -- what word to replace and what to replace it
with -- this much is simple.  I also know that if I can set up a loop to read
each line and call the appropriate functions ( as demonstrated in line 1272
or kword_doc.cc ), these entries can be added or removed from the list.

Two problems, (and maybe you could help me out in learning how to do this ) I
don't know how to create such a mechanism, and secondly, I don't know how to
create dialogs that would access this and update the list at runtime.

I know this may sound trivial to those that live, breathe, eat and dream of
pointers, but I just don't have (yet) the skills to perform this.  If someone
could walk me through this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

TRoy Unrau