Please let me know if you do get the MSWord filter source code...I'd love to be able to stop work on my one if we can find a high quality base to start from! >From: Shawn Gordon >Reply-To: koffice@master.kde.org >To: koffice >Subject: Some filter news >Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 12:19:47 -0700 > >I spoke to David Edelsohn based on the email that David Faure sent me >about getting Lotus formats. As stated in the earlier email, we can get >123 and Freelance no problem. 123 is probably pretty useful, but >Freelance probably isn't so big a deal. The better news is that there >is also an API for reading and writing Word files, so there is virtually >no effort required. I'm hoping (although I have no reason to believe >it) that their file import/export filters are included in that API, >since it would make sense from a development perpestive. This API is >only available for Windows and OS/2, but it sounds like they will give >me the source code so we can port it to Linux, which should be pretty >trivial as it's all file handling. > >Finally, there was an email that showed up from this list the other day >that was dated from weeks before, and I'm not sure if everyone got it or >not, but it was a URL to a page that had the file formats for virtually >everything. > >http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/2160/fformats/fformats.htm > >Shawn Gordon >theKompany.com >www.thekompany.com ________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com