List:       koffice
Subject:    On-disk format changes for kword and kpresenter
From:       "Shaheed Haque" <shaheedhaque () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-06-29 5:31:12

Sorry, reposted with a non-empty subject...

I just committed changes to allow import filters such as the MsWord
filter to insert special characters in <TEXT></TEXT> regions. Unfortunately,
this results in on-disk changes to the way "&" characters are stored, so old
kword (and kpresenter) files might not work as expected.

See http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-koffice&m=96185208028048&w=2 for
background information. I changed kword and kpresenter to the new style - I
could not see how the other koffice applications treated this problem. FWIW,
the affected files were:

kword/char.cc (and .h)
kpresenter/kptextobject.cc
lib/koml/komlParser.cpp

and some of the MsWord filter files. I would request all other application
owners to consider if similar changes are required, as it would be
unfortunate to find any more of these after we ship...

Thanks, Shaheed