List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Problem with Kword inserting pictures
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-06-27 18:41:58

> > >That's how I implemented it, but doesn't work like that anymore. Will have
> > >a look.
> >
> > Please consider leaving the picture external. Meaning not inside the kword
> > file, just storing a pathname to the picture. This should be an option on
> > import..
>
> And then you put your kword file on a floppy or on an FTP server for
> somebody else.... which won't be able to see it. Is that wise ?

Definitely.

What about auto updating images.
I have an image which needs to be updated, I simply update the original image.

Or what about a document with a lot of images, it would take a lot of time
and memory to load it!

Don't make the same mistake Microsoft made with Word!

btw all DTP applications and Framemaker only store filenames.

But I do agree on the sense that reading an image should standard be
included, because the simple user would delete the image afterwards...