List:       koffice
Subject:    I give up.
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-06-25 13:41:34

Sorry guys,

I have put a considerable amount of time into kword, but it's just to hard.

I work as a systems designer in Java. I wanted to look at koffice and C++
for fun.

But when I want to add a little thing everything falls over me, the design of
kword is just far from nice OO programming.
A simple OO rule; creation of child objects is done in one place, this ensures
that data consistency is always maintained. Just look at the amount of:
  new KWFrame calls
a KWFrame* KWFrameSet::createNewFrame() would have been much nicer.

The fact that a frame does not know what type it is....

CU