List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: newview again
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-06-17 16:23:57

David Faure wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 17, 2000 at 02:23:33PM +0200, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > I commited the changes so newview is back in the view.
> >
> > If anything more would break; i'm going shopping so feel free to fix anything
> > I overlooked, I would like to know what I did wrong if there are more
> > mistakes.
>
> You left some slots in header files, not defined in source files :-)
> Cleaned up.
>
> > btw what kind of processor do you guys have since recompiling koffice takes a
> > long time on my machine..
> For the sake of your wallet I won't understand that question :-P
> But this made me think about what we could do about this:
> compiling everything with -O2 and with all those compiler options (-Wblah)
> certainly slows down the compilation.
> Time for a ./configure --enable-developer, that sets different flags
> (for shorter compilation time, not for optimised binaries) ?
>
> Stephan ? What do you think ?
> (If "ok", thanks for any hint about how to do this properly :-)

Well, you mean that users find the bugs in the code? -O2 isn't when you
do
--enable-debug, -g is definitly needed for developers and most warnings
are
also needed only by developers. I don't see any flags for optimised
binaries
except the closure stuff - which I disable I manually whenever I develop
in a specific directory :)

Greetings, Stephan

--
... but you ain't had mine