List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: struct
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-06-10 9:43:50

Thomas Zander wrote:

> Could someone point me to documentation of some classes that constitute the
> fileformat kword uses? I am very curious to the way things are build here..

Basicly each frame/object/... is asked to save itself. Therefore loading
and saving is distrubuted among nearly all classes. (Reggie says that about
one third of the whole code is used for initializing/loading/saving :)

Reggie also said that he's quite happy with the current loading/saving
code (even though it's KOML based), and that he won't change it before
KOffice 1.0 is released. (once Torben and Reggie tried to "port" the
code to use QDom, but the changes were reverted).

Information on the fromat itself can be found in the kword/dtd dir
and in http://www.koffice.org/filters/kword.dtd.gz (note: this is
*no* dtd, but just some plain text describing some tags)

--
Werner Trobin - wtrobin@mandrakesoft.com