List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: doubleClicked in toolbar/KAction
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cplane ! com>
Date:       2000-06-04 21:39:19

> > > Unless this double-click on toolbar-button thing becomes very common, I think
> > > this is good enough. BTW, do many users find out that trick ? :-)
> >
> >   I don't know about others, but I would love to use something like this
> > to implement renaming of the konsole buttons. And there are other cases...
> > Maybe something like KMultipleAction where two or three actions are linked
> > to the same widget (for Click, DoubleClick, Shift-Click, LeftClick etc.).
>
> Why not... but wouldn't it be wiser to use a RMB popup for this ?
> Remove session might be the next candidate for the popup, then assign
> shortcut, then move (like kicker buttons) :) etc...

  Well, that would be also fine, but even that is possible only by hacking
plug. I guess, the general problem is that we have the one widget = one
action assumption. Hmm, it would be nice to have an elegant solution for
this. Maybe:

  action->addSecondaryAction("RightClick", SLOT(popup()));
  action->addSecondaryAction("DoubleClick", SLOT(rename());
  action->plug(toolbar); // sets the primary and secondary actions
  action->plug(menubar); // sets the primary and secondaries which
apply to menubar

  etc?

          Lotzi