unsubscribe At 07:00 AM 5/31/00 +0100, you wrote: >Werner Trobin wrote: >> >> Shawn Gordon wrote: >> > >> > Werner Trobin wrote: >> > > >> > > Shawn Gordon wrote: >> > > > >> > > > It seems there are a few things that appear to be stalled, such as >> > > > Katabase. There should probably be a public face for KOffice that has >> > > > the actively worked on app's, and then a developer face for other pieces >> > > > that need help. >> > > >> > > Katabase will be replaced be KSQL, but don't hold your breath :) >> > > >> > I was under the impression that KSQL was more of a database browswer >> > than a database. Is the idea of a dedicated database now going away and >> > just having a generic front end to 'almost any' other database the new >> > idea? >> >> I have to admit that I've only heared some "rumors" and didn't >> test/checkout it yet. I don't even know where it is right now :) > >I use it. Shawn has the right impression. It's a very nice database >manager, though it could use some improvement. >There are already bunch of databases around. Is there really a need to >add another one? > >Marko > > >