List:       koffice
Subject:    AW: A new process approach to an Office suite
From:       "Schmidt, Frank-Andreas" <Frank-Andreas.Schmidt () sig ! siemens ! de>
Date:       2000-05-31 8:14:04

I can´t resist to answer:
For me, this would be heaven.

Since over a year I´m using an analog fax-modem with hylafax to send and receive fax \
messages. If someone could provide a function similar to WinWord (send \
to...(fax,email etc..) I would be happy.

But don´t forget that it is not too simple to configure mgetty, faxgetty or \
whatelse_getty_you_use. In my opinion there are many users that have no ISDN-network \
or are connected to a fax host. So, there should be a support for analog lines within \
KDE. I think of a monitor for the serial connection, an automatic identification of \
modems, pre-defined profiles for connect strings etc. So, if anyone plans to \
implement the mail and fax functions one has to take into account that the average \
user has to overcome many configuration difficulties. At the moment it is not \
plug-and-play.

Perhaps this is not the forum to discuss these things. But since I´m not subscribed \
to any KDE-general topics I had to get rid of it right here.

beg your pardon

greetings,
Frank