List:       koffice
Subject:    A new process approach to an Office suite
From:       Kevin Cullis <kevincu () orci ! com>
Date:       2000-05-31 5:11:27

I've been working plenty with office suites.  What I find interesting is
that both email and word processing basically are the same thing,
processing text.  What I find also interesting is that most people
(those not associated with Linux ;-) ) are still printing out documents
to be placed in a fax machine which sends documents at 14.4 while email
can be sent at 14.4 or GREATER!!!  Now KOffice could leap the other
office suites is if it was able to convert each and every file under
KOffice which is "printed" into a graphic which can be sent via email.
You'd save me a lot of time.  Besides, with the forthcoming bandwidth
speed bumps, faxes will be passe.

Second, it would be nice if KOffice would take a normal business letter
and make it into an email OR a letter.  One app doing two things.  Both
business letters and emails each have required addresses, just make each
of them "pluggable."

These are some thoughts.  I hope that they can be implemented in future
releases.

Kevin Cullis
Denver, CO
["kevincu.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]