List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KOffice Homepage
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-05-30 10:10:37

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 11:55:49AM +0200, Gerrit Lahrmann wrote:
> Werner Trobin wrote:
> >
> > David Faure wrote:

> > > If people judge projects by how often they work on their homepage,
> > > they are hugely mistaken. Is it the software that counts, or the website ?
> >
> > I have to admit, that a nice homepage can make users
> > curious, though :)
> >
> > I for one will surely check out some GNOME 1.2 stuff whenever I'll
> > have some time, just because it's presented nicely :) (look at
> > http://www.gnome.org to see what I mean)
> >
> That's what i mean, too. We have the fantastic software, but we could
> present it much better.

Yeah, and then we get accused of doing 'vapourware marketing' by the slashdot
type of guy. (Seen that with the announce of www.konqueror.org)
which of course nobody says about gnome.org. :(

You are right, of course. Forgive my ramblings. I just miss the good old
times of "show me the code". Now it's "show me an active website", or
I'll assume there's nothing interesting.

Why does it take so long to set up a KOffice web server on sourceforge ?
Any input from those involved ?

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org