List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kword DTD (was "Koffice file format version numbers?")
From:       "Shaheed Haque" <shaheedhaque () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-05-25 10:14:42

Kalle wrote:

>OK, I will be working that into the DTD I wrote last autumn. No >problem,
>but might take a few days.

Cool...I will look into adding the "version=integer" attribute into the DOC
tag this weekend.

The semantics I have in mind are:

1. The version attribute in the DOC tag indicates the syntax version of the
body of the document.

2. A missing version attibute will have the default meaning of "version=1".

3. It is intended that the "current" version number will be incremented each
time the DTD is functionally modified in the future. Obviously, changes to
comments etc. do not count as functional modifications.

FWIW, on input the code will be modified to read the version attribute if
present, or apply the default value. On output, the attribute will be set to
relect the version of the DTD being used.