List:       koffice
Subject:    KSpread cells
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-05-22 7:39:44

Hi!

As I was quite "amused" by the CSV killer document I wondered
how much memory *one* KSpread cell consumes - I stopped counting
at 200 bytes :(

Did I count wrong, or is a cell really that memory hungry? How
many cells are created (i.e. there are only cell objects for cells
holding a value,...)?

Do you think it would be worth some optimizing effort (i.e. flyweight
pattern (at least for the cell formatting stuff) or something like
that)?

--
Werner Trobin - wtrobin@mandrakesoft.com