List:       koffice
Subject:    Text flow (Was: Floating frames in Kword?)
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-05-18 20:48:56

> This may be somewhat unrelated to this issue, but would your additions also
> allow text to exists on both sides of a frame?  Currently, if I understand
> correctly and I haven't done something wrong, if I start with a basic clear
> page of text and insert a frame with behavior set to having the text curve
> around it, the result looks something like this:
[Snip]
> Is there any way, short of inserting a bunch of frames, to make the
> behavior like this?
[Snip]
> Sorry if that's OT, but I would be interested to know if that's possible
> with the current setup.

I thought about that, but came to the conclusion that that would sort of
suck. Your text flow then either jumps from left to right or it suddenly
stops left, and continues somehwat higher at the right.

Both would result in a pretty ugly make up. I don't see any reason why you
would like to allow people to make such layout mistakes.

Cheers,
Waldo