List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Close, Quit, and multiple Views
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-05-06 19:44:45

David Faure wrote:

> On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 08:04:30PM +0200, Werner Trobin wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Now that we have our multiple views back (thanks to David)
> > I realized, that the current Close/Quit situation is
> > awkward.
> >
> > Open an app (e.g. kword) and write something. Then create a new
> > document (same app!) and create an additional view for this
> > (second) document.
> > Now select Close. The additional view vanishes as one would
> > expect. However, if you would have selected Quit, the same would
> > have had happened.
>
> Sure ? If yes that's a bug. Quit should close the window only.

Well... IMHO it should be that way...
Quit ... Close all Views of a Document
Close ... Close one View of a Document

If the last window gets closed (either by Close or Quit) the app
exits :)

> > IMO the Document (and not just the view :) should be closed.
> By File/Close, yes. Not by File/Quit.

File/Close did close just one view - like File/Quit did :)

> > This doesn't mean that the app is closed, though!
> > The first document should remain open.
> >
> > What Do you all think? What does the StyleGuide suggest?
>
> File/Close = close current document (i.e. both views here)
> File/Quit = close current window (the style guide calls that "application")

Hehe... quite the opposite, heh? Either way, there has to be a
difference between them :)

> Are you sure Quit closed both ?

No, but is should IMHO :)

--