List:       koffice
Subject:    Is gcc 2.95.x really OK to use?
From:       "Shaheed Haque" <shaheedhaque () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-04-26 22:54:41

I took the opportunity of the upgrade to qt-2.1 to upgrade from
egcs-whatever-it-was-on-Redhat-6.1 to gcc-2.95.x. According to the developer
FAQ, this is an acceptable compiler to use.

However, I did have to work around some compiler limitations with egcs 1.1
that *might* have gone in gcc 2.95. I'm concerned that I might accidentally
use some feature of gcc 2.95 that will prevent compilation of Koffice using
egcs 1.1.

Should I be worried about this?

	Thanks, Shaheed