List:       koffice
Subject:    koffice20000321-1.i386.rpm : libksycoca.so.3 problem
From:       Martin Herrman <m.herrman () student ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2000-03-23 17:30:55

Dear readers,

I want to try the koffice suit because of the kspread program. So I went
to koffice.kde.org, downloaded the redhat rpm (i'm running rh61) and
tried to installe. I got a lot dependency errors, so I went to
rufus.w3.org. There i found an older version of koffice. On the download
page at rufus there is a list that says the requirements. A lot of the
dependency error files were mentioned in that list. So I clicked at one
of them and rufus told me that the kde2libs package provides the files
I needed. So i downloaded the kde2libs rpm and installed that
succesfully. Then I tried to install the koffice rpm again but I
received an error message about libksycoca.so.3. I couldn't find this
one, so I decided to use -i --force --nodeps. But almost every part of
koffice won't start because of the missing file! For example, ./kspread
give me:

./kspread: error in loading shared libraries: libksycoca.so.3: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Of course I know this is right. But how to solve it?

Much thanks in advance,

Martin

--
NIEUW! Linux Gebruikers Handleiding v1.2 : http://www.student.tue.nl/m.herrman/
Linux RedHat 6.1 Kernel 2.2.14-15mdk  Toshiba P233 MHz, 32 Mb RAM