You can skip kdebase, but you should make sure to _INSTALL_ kdelibs before compiling anything else. Please report the exact compilation line and error message, if it still fails. -- David Faure faure@kde.org - KDE developer david@mandrakesoft.com - Mandrake david.faure@cramersystems.com - Cramer Systems > -----Original Message----- > From: Schmidt, Frank-Andreas > [mailto:Frank-Andreas.Schmidt@sig.siemens.de] > Sent: Monday, March 06, 2000 7:52 AM > To: koffice@max.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de > Subject: AW: instructions for installing koffice > > > HM. > I´m frustrated. Why did it compile for Felix and not for me ? > > Tried to compile KOffice this weekend using qt*beta2 without patch. > kdesupport and kdelibs compiled fine. > But kdebase alerted with fault: No matching function call in > QString, something like that. > (Damn: Forgot to write down the exact message). > Same message appeared when I skipped to compile kdebase > (which I should not do, but did it just for a test) > and began compiling KOffice. > Did I miss something ? > > Appreciating any help, > --Frank > > > > -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- > > Von: Felix Natter [SMTP:f.natter@ndh.net] > > Gesendet am: Sonntag, 5. März 2000 19:02 > > An: koffice@kde.org > > Betreff: instructions for installing koffice > > > > hi, > > at koffice.kde.org->installing from source a statement > needs to be updated. > > it says > > You need at least the > Qt snapshot, > > [kpresenter] [[KPresenter]] the qt-copy patch for > it, the > > kdesupport and > kdelibs packages, > > [killustrator] [[KIllustrator]] and kdebase for the > base > > which does not seem to be up-to-date any more -> if I > understand the FAQ > > correctly, it is fixed in qt...beta1 - and qt*beta2 just > compiled fine on > > 686-pc-linux (currently compiling examples/) > > please remove that note: it confused me when I first saw it. > > > > thanks, > > -- > > Felix Natter >