List:       koffice
Subject:    BodyTalk: Controlling KPresenter using gestures. March 16, 2000.
From:       Dirk Foersterling <foerster () euklid ! cs ! uni-dortmund ! de>
Date:       2000-03-05 21:12:27

Dear (interested) KDE and KOffice developers,

The project group 345 is proud to announce that the video based
gesture recognition and presentation software controlling system
"BodyTalk" is ready to be presented to the world.

When: Thursday, March 16 2000, 2 p.m.
Where: Otto-Hahn-Str. 16, Room 205 (2nd floor) in Dortmund, Germany
Language: german (only)

Because our website (ls7-www.cs.uni-dortmund.de/bodytalk/) is still
out if date, here's a short overview:

BodyTalk is a video based gesture recognition written in C++ connected
via CORBA to a Java implemented 'control center'. This control center is
connected to some presentation software. In our case, this is
KPresenter. (Controlled via specialized CORBA-DCOP bridge).

On March 16, we will present the conceptual and architectural details of
BodyTalk _using_ BodyTalk and KPresenter.

The presentation is open to everyone.

A description how to get there can be found at LS7's site:
http://ls7-www.informatik.uni-dortmund.de/ls7/address

  -dirk

--
Dirk Försterling