List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: trouble with kio->kurl?
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       2000-03-03 19:05:43

On Fri, 03 Mar 2000, Shaheed Haque wrote:
> >Ehm no. When the breakpoint hits all shared libs are supposed to be
> > in memory already. (Apart from those which get dlopened later)
>
> Ah. I presume that filter libraries are dlopened on demand? This is
> what I have to do to get a single debug pass for my filter work:
>
> 1. gdb kword
> 2. run with_filename_arg
>
> Note that I cannot set breakpoints in the filter library (actually,
> even KoFilter::KoFilter) before step 2, and that after step 2 it is
> too late since I am racing against the computer to hit control-C!

In such a case you could help the debugger a bit by placing a
"sleep(10000)" in the constructor (or another convenient place) of your
filter. This gives you plenty of time to press Ctrl-C. In the debugger
you can then set all the breakpoints you want. With "continue" your
program will continue after the sleep.

The disadvantage is that you have to remove the sleep if you want to
use the stuff without debugger.

Cheers,
Waldo