List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Koffice FAQ
From:       Jost Schenck <uzsnty () uni-bonn ! de>
Date:       2000-03-02 11:03:18

On Mit, 01 Mär 2000, Donovan Rebbechi wrote:
> Now I see the problem.
>
> However, your answer to the FAQ is simply put completely wrong. Postscript
> does *not* exclude TrueType.

First of all: sorry :)

> Here's a better answer:
> ----
> Ghostscript not only can be compiled with TrueType support, most of the
> binaries around *are* compiled with TrueType support. However, to make
> fonts printable to Koffice, the fonts in question need to be added to the
> ghostscript fontmap file, so that ghostscript can "see" the fonts.
>
> The same applies to Type1 fonts -- type1 fonts need to be added to
> ghostscript in order to be printable via Koffice. It's also important
> that the names that Koffice uses ( not always the correct names ) are
> mapped to the correct font names.
>
> ----

Thanks a lot! I don't know that much about this stuff, but I'll have a
closer look at your FAQ and will change the answer in the KOffice FAQ as soon as
I'm back on a computer with CVS access (I fled civilization due to german
carnival season ;)

I don't know whether and how this problem is being approached. I think Arndt
Gulbrandsen is the one at TrollTech responsible for QPrinter. I don't want to
bother anybody over there while Qt-2.1 is in beta phase, but maybe someone on
this list knows? (Reggie?)
If this problem has not been solved yet, I'd very much appreciate if you could
write that script (I'd include it in the FAQ and put it somewhere in koffice
CVS).
-Jost.