List:       koffice
Subject:    trouble with kio->kurl?
From:       "Shaheed Haque" <shaheedhaque () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-02-29 22:00:25

Hi all,

I just installed the latest qt-copy and kdealpha RPMs from Christopher
Molnar (dated 28-Feb), and am having sever trouble getting Kword to even
open a microsoft word .doc file. This is with just the pre-built binaries.

If I use the Open File dialog, even though I select a .doc filetype,
and a valid .doc file, it fails complaining that it "Could not import file
of type inode/directory". This is from the tty output:

fileHighlighted
kio (KIOJob): stat file:/home/srhaque/word/test97.doc
kio (Scheduler): Scheduler has now 1 jobs 0x80e3a98
kio (Scheduler): Scheduling job
kio (Scheduler): scheduler: job started 0x80e3a98
kio (KIOConnection): sendnow 69
kio (KIOConnection): read
kio (KIOConnection): read cmd 106
kio (KIOConnection): finished reading cmd 106
kio (KIOJob): dispatch 106
kio (KIOJob): StatJob::slotStatEntry
kio (KIOConnection): read
kio (KIOConnection): read cmd 105
kio (KIOConnection): finished reading cmd 105
kio (KIOJob): dispatch 105
kio (KIOJob): Finished [this = 0x80d1aa0]
kio (KIOConnection): sendnow 50
KRecentDocument::add for file:/home/srhaque/word/test97.doc
Touching
kurl (kdecore): Error in parsing "No File"
koffice (lib kofficecore): KoDocument::loadFromURL( No File )
koffice (lib kofficecore): ######### FOUND MimeType inode/directory
koffice (lib kofficecore): KoFilterEntry::query( Export ==
'application/x-kword' and Import == 'inode/directory', <ignored> )
koffice (lib kofficecore): Query returned 0 offers
kio (KIOConnection): read
kio (KIOConnection): read cmd 110
kio (KIOConnection): finished reading cmd 110
kio (KIOJob): dispatch 110
kio (Scheduler): slave status
kio (Scheduler): Slave = 0x80d1aa0 protocol = file host =  Not connected
kurl (kdecore): Error in parsing "No File"

I have't seen anyone else report this problem, and I have just grabbed the
sources for kdesupport/base/libs, so if noone has any ideas, I'll have to
start ploughing into this myself (before I can make more progress on the
Word filter itself!).

Thanks, Shaheed