List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: What is Kformula's status?
From:       claus wilke <claus.wilke () gmx ! net>
Date:       2000-02-28 14:26:43

>KFormula is now a library (in kdelibs), not a Part anymore (i.e.
>not a standalone application nor a KOffice component).
>
>And KSpread and KWord make use of it already.
>
>Try them :)

Sorry, but the last time I tried libkformula in kword (today), it was not up to
the task of serious scientific work. It doesn't even display the symbols in
italics (which is standard for mathematical formulas), and if you try to set
single letters italics manually by selecting them and clicking on *I* in the
toolbar, the whole formula gets set in italics.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to bash your work, it's just about not
to create false impressions. Kword is a great program, but right now it is
*not* usable for somebody who has to write a lot of mathematics (from my point
of view not even for somebody who has to write just some mathematics).

Best,
  Claus

--
Claus Wilke