List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: QDomDocument for each app
From:       Erik Severinghaus <ErikSev () intrex ! net>
Date:       2000-02-24 23:49:34

Matthias Elter wrote:

> Michael Koch wrote:
> >
> > Am Thu, 24 Feb 2000 schrieb Erik Severinghaus:
> > > Let me preface by saying that I am new to QDom stuff, and couldn't find
> > > any documentation online in the qk section. That being said, wouldn't it
> > > be wiser to move the main QDomDocument for the apps from the specific
> > > apps to KoDocument, that way we can create one generic app for the
> > > properties which apply to all (essentially the stuff implemented in
> > > KoDocumentInfo)? Or am I missing something.
> >
> > Good idea but not all all apps want to use QDOM, e.g KWord uses KOML.
> > Perhaps this wil change in KWord 2.0
>
> No...all apps _want_ to use QDom but not all apps are already ported to
> QDom. :-)

Yeah, I had been using kimage for testing, and hadn't noticed that
KWord, KPresenter, and others are using KOML. Are we waiting till 2.0 to
port kword et al to qdom? It seems like a bad idea to implement the
KoDocumentInfo for both KOML and QDom. I can help with the porting of
stuff, but am not too terribly experienced, and have 0 experience with
KOML and QDom. Plus I don't have more than a couple hours a day to
devote to hacking. :( I guess my question is, what's the roadmap? How
dificult would the port be? Is it worth it?

Erik