List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: ANNOUNCE: activity on Microsoft Word filter
From:       "Shaheed Haque" <shaheedhaque () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-02-23 9:57:43

>Are you using the mswordview library? See http://www.wvware.com.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to suggest this. In fact, when I was
starting, this is exactly what *I* asked Werner! As it turns out this was
not the right way to go. I did not come to this conclusion easily since my
original intent was to focus on understanding how XML worked - I will now
spend most of my effort grappling with MS documentation instead :-(.

But there were some positive reasons:

- we will, with luck, end up with a new (hopefully cleaner) abstraction for
MsWord readers, and possibly writers too.

- I get to find out how mature templates are in egcs :-).

	Thanks, Shaheed

P.S. All kudos to Caolan for his great work, and I'm sure I'll be looking at
his code again when I run into difficulty.