List:       koffice
Subject:    Fonts and printing
From:       Donovan Rebbechi <elflord () panix ! com>
Date:       2000-02-23 3:20:03

Hi. I have used Koffice, and by and large, I am very impressed. However,
what did not impress me so much was the way fonts and printing are
handled.

It seems that Koffice tries to guess the name of printer fonts
from the X fonts, and often it guesses wrongly. What other office suites
do is use their own way to map screen fonts to outline files and/or
metrics. I am interested to hear if the koffice people have any kind of
font management / font database system planned to take care of
print/screen font mapping issues.

Cheers,
--
Donovan