List:       koffice
Subject:    window fonts in kde2
From:       Lasse Jansson <lasse.jansson () telia ! com>
Date:       2000-02-07 22:05:06

I'm trying out kde2 but with my setup I get weird fonts (too large) in the
windows (e.g. menu list items such as File, Edit, Options etc), and I can't
change this via the Settings/Desktop/Fonts dialogue.
But fonts within e.g. a kword document works fine.

Also, all fonts, including the fixed items in windows, work fine when I invoke a
kde2 app from within kde 1.

This is most probably related to my setup.......I use kde2 like this:
1. Compile cvs modules qt-copy, support, libs, base, koffice
2. invoke a script which sets the environment:
export KDEDIR=/opt/kde
export QTDIR=/usr/local/qt
export PATH=$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib:$QTDIR/lib
3. startx

I'm using Mandrake 6.1

Hints on how to make the fonts work in kde2 anyone ?

Thanks,

Lasse