List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Problem unsubscribing from autotrace@egroups.com
From:       Keith Antoine <kantoine () eastwind ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-02-04 9:36:07

dep wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Feb 2000, eGroups.com Manager wrote:
> | We're sorry, but we haven't been able to unsubscribe you from the
> | autotrace e-mail group as requested.
> |
> | The e-mail address you sent your message from
> |
> | koffice@kde.org
> |
> | is not a member of the autotrace group.
> |
> | You probably subscribed under an address different from what you
> | currently use. To unsubscribe you, we need to know what address was
> | in use when your subscription started.  Fortunately, there is a way
> | to retrieve this address.
> |
> | Find one of the messages you have been receiving. Go to the headers
> | at the top of the message and find the "Return-Path:" (Some e-mail
> | programs, like Eudora, optionally let you hide this information.  You
> | can unhide it, for example, in Eudora, by clicking the "Blah Blah
> | Blah" button.)
> |
> | Please look for a header like:

> | The information in the header that occupies the same place as
> |
> |       user=host.dom@egroups.com
> |
> | in this example is the e-mail address you were subscribed under.
> |
> | To unsubscribe, we ask you to send a message to

> | replacing "user=host.dom@egroups.com" with the address information
> | in the Return-Path header of the message you received.
> |
> | After that, please reply to a confirmation message we will send, and
> | you should receive back a message that you're removed from the group.
> |
> | If this still doesn't work, please forward a group message you've
> | received together with a note about what you're trying to achieve to
> | the group moderator:
> |
> |     autotrace-owner@egroups.com
> |
> | We're very sorry for this inconvenience.
> |
> | eGroups.com - The easiest way for groups of people to communicate!
> | http://www.egroups.com
>
> guys, there have been about a dozen of these on kde lists today, all
> apparently originating here. could somebody maybe fix it?

Hi dep, gald to see you still alive, you only got a dozen, i've lost
count over the last 2-3 days.

--
Keith Antoine

Step X Step Installation Site: users.nf/linux
Mirror for usrs.nf/linux / www.eastwind.com.au/mirror.htm
Newbies FAQ Calder Lists: users.nf/linux/newbies
Australia : www.eastwind.com.au Kxicq 1511177 Ph: 61 7 33002161