List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Menubar and toolbars
From:       "Tomas Furmonavicius" <f1926 () kaunas ! aiva ! lt>
Date:       2000-01-31 12:59:17

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 12:51:25PM +0100, Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
> I don't see a problem with combo boxes in toolbars. If KToolBar would emit a
> orientationChanged() signal when it changes the orientation and have a
> method which returns the orientation (like QToolBar) one could connect to that
> signal and hide the combos of a toolbar if it becomes vertical and show
> something different or so. Like M$-Office does it - I think that would be good.

It's simply confusing when toolbar items change depending on toolbar
orientation. What are you going to show in vertical mode -
a paper-clip ? :-)

Also combos usually control some basic features, like font size and
family. There's a point to separate these basic controls from other
toolbar items, representing other tools and changing more dynamically in
different working modes.

Tomas