On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 10:19:27PM +0100, Werner Trobin wrote: > Hi (David)! > > I thought about the Excel-like preview mode you suggested a > few hours ago and I think I found another solution which is > really easy to implement and results in the same: > > 1) If there is no preview dialog available, everything stays > as it is now. > 2) If there is a/are some dialog(s) a button is added to the > KFD (which says something like "Try with this Settings") > 3) The KFD is opened *modeless* !!! > > If the user selects a file like table1.csv the dialog (and the > additional button) shows up. The user changes the settings and > clicks the "Try..." button. The KFD remains open and the file > is loaded (always in the same window). > > This should be rather easy to implement as we have access to > the KFD in KoFilterManager and the open/save stuff is > centralized in KoMainWindow. > > What do you think of that? Sounds good! Not as good as a real preview, but good enough with our current tools :-) Currently it will painful because of that QDom slowness but it will be allright when that's fixed. -- David FAURE david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://home.clara.net/faure/ KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today