List:       koffice
Subject:    Excel-like preview
From:       Werner Trobin <wtrobin () carinthia ! com>
Date:       2000-01-30 21:19:27

Hi (David)!

I thought about the Excel-like preview mode you suggested a
few hours ago and I think I found another solution which is
really easy to implement and results in the same:

1) If there is no preview dialog available, everything stays
   as it is now.
2) If there is a/are some dialog(s) a button is added to the
   KFD (which says something like "Try with this Settings")
3) The KFD is opened *modeless* !!!

If the user selects a file like table1.csv the dialog (and the
additional button) shows up. The user changes the settings and
clicks the "Try..." button. The KFD remains open and the file
is loaded (always in the same window).

This should be rather easy to implement as we have access to
the KFD in KoFilterManager and the open/save stuff is
centralized in KoMainWindow.

What do you think of that?

BTW: Don't implement that now because Simon changes these
files!

Werner