List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: twin kde booting
From:       Christopher Molnar <molnarc () nebsllc ! com>
Date:       2000-01-28 23:42:47

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Keith Antoine wrote:

> Yes correct I do have it there, my memory problem really frustrates me,
> but I
> just have to live with it, along with other of my failings. Any back to
> get
> it up and working properly. Thanks again Chris.

I am right now out of ideas. I had planned on installing Caldera on my
laptop to see if I could figure anything out, but the hard drive went out
a few days ago and I am waiting for it to be serviced, and I don't want
to take the chance of messing with my server (nebsllc.com) which is
already giving me fits since updating to RedHat 6.1.

From prior messages it looks like you have everthing installed OK. I have
a question and perhaps a suggestion....

You have all the parts to grab the Koffice snapshot of 1-25-2000 from
ftp.kde.org (or from any of the mirror sites) and do a make on it. It is
possible that something on your system, one of the libraries, or something
is not compatable with the binaries that I distribute.

If you do the above get the koffice snapshot and bunzip it into
/usr/src/kde/koffice. Then:

cd /usr/src/kde/koffice
make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure
make
su
make install
exit

I would do this with X not running, as this can be a time/memory hog. If
the above completes without a problem than you should be all set. If you
get an error message during the config or during the compile something is
missing or messed up. Post the error message here and perhaps that will
point us in the right direction.

Oh, yeh, I did have an error during the koffice compile for 1-25 -->
killistrator did not compile and (hell, I left my build log on my desk
at work) one other component of Koffice. It was a plugin or something, but
I know there was one other component that didn't compile. I had to take it
out of the makefile.

One other suggestion, if you wait to do this until Sunday I can tell you
what will compile and what I had problems with and how to fix it. If
kdebase compiles that is when I will probably do another full build.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, I'm sort of short a machine right now.

Chris